For more than 20 years, ACTA has invested in making California a home to everyone—a home that respects cultural diversity, the creation of meaningful art, and a vibrant, healthy, and inclusive society.
We believe it’s critical to counteract messages from our nation’s leaders that immigrants and their cultures are unwanted, and to remind one another of the riches we enjoy amidst a state filled with cultural memory and immigrant traditions. ACTA plays an essential role in sustaining indigenous and immigrant heritage by uplifting California’s diverse traditional arts, making our state a safe and welcome home for everyone.
On this Giving Tuesday and throughout the holiday season, please consider making a tax deductible gift to ACTA by December 31 to help us raise our donor goal of $15,000 by the end of the year. Every gift made has an immediate impact on ACTA’s programs and ability to support, advocate, and respond to the needs of our folk and traditional arts community!
Your donation could help support:
- A Living Cultures grant that supports organizations producing traditional arts projects
- A year-long Apprenticeship that facilitates one-on-one learning with a master artist
- Archival digitization of a major collection to facilitate public access
- Documenting the practice and skill of a master artist for the public
- Facilitating a Sounds of California community recording session
- A culminating event at an Arts in Corrections traditional arts residency
- An artist sharing at our Traditional Arts Roundtable Series